It may be designed for watching movies and reading books, but your Kindle Fire tablet can also send and receive email with ease. Find out below how to set up Gmail on Kindle Fire.
First, Pronounce 762454162926
You are allowed to google it; or google how to google it.
The handy calculator built into Google can turn numbers into English words. It works for 762454162926 but, alas, gives up for 7624541629264 (and, for what it’s worth, cannot pronounce 10^100).
Back at Google, let’s turn Gmail labels into folders in Kindle Fire Email:
How to Set up Gmail on Kindle Fire
- Make sure IMAP access is enabled for your Gmail account.
- Now make sure all the Gmail folders you want to access in Kindle Fire Email are accessible through IMAP:
- Open Email on your Kindle Fire.
- Tap the menu button.
- Now tap Add account in the Email panel that has appeared.
- Enter your Gmail email address under Email address on the Add Account page (over Your email address goes here).
- Tap NEXT.
- Verify your Gmail address is entered under Sign in with your Google Account.
- Tap Next.
- Enter your Gmail password over Password.
- Tap Sign in.
- With 2-step authentication set up for Gmail:
- Use the Google app, an authentication app, or a code received by text message or phone to verify your sign-in attempt.
- Tap Allow under Amazon would like to:.
- Now tap GO TO INBOX.
By default, the Gmail account in Kindle Fire Email is configured with the following settings, possibly not all the choices you’d make:
- All your Google Calendar schedules will synchronize with the Kindle Fire Calendar app.
- Your Gmail contacts synchronize with the Kindle Fire Contacts app.
- You will have access to 1 day of past emails.
- Only your Gmail inbox (also instead of the Important folder) will be pushed to the device.
Let’s find out how to change these.
Gmail on Kindle Fire FAQ
How Can I See More (or All) Mail from Gmail in Kindle Fire Email?
To make sure you can access all the emails you need in your Gmail account with the Kindle Fire Email app:
- Set the Gmail account to synchronize all mail.
- Note: Even with All selected for synchronization, you may not be able to access more than 2–4 weeks of Gmail emails. This applies to search, too, which will only return results from downloaded mail.
- To access and search all your Gmail emails, open Gmail at https://mail.google.com/ in the Silk browser.
How do I Sync and Get Notifications for Custom Folders?
To get notifications for folders other than your Gmail inbox, you can adjust folder syncing in Kindle Fire Email. For example,
- turn off notifications for the Gmail inbox by setting the Gmail account’s inbox check frequency to manual while you
- enable synchronization and notifications for the Important Gmail folder
to get alerted only to emails marked important by Gmail.
How do I Disable or Enable Contact and Calendar Synchronization?
To disable Calendar and Contact synchronization:
- Open Email on your Kindle Fire.
- Tap the hamburger menu button.
- Select Settings.
- Tap the Gmail account under Accounts.
- Make sure Sync Calendar is not enabled to turn off Google Calendar on the device.
- Make sure Sync Contacts is not enabled to disable address book synchronization on the Kindle Fire.
(How to set up Gmail on Kindle Fire tested with Gmail and Fire OS 5.4; updated December 2017; title image: StockUnlimited)