Want just important email notifications or key folders to be in sync automatically? Find out here how to configure mail folders to push in Kindle Fire Email and enable notifications selectively.
First, an American in Vienna
was too wide for many of the narrow streets and corners in the year 1949.
For now, let’s peek inside the tramway car, though, bought by the Viennese lines from New York’s (and affectionately called “The American” in Vienna): it had foldable benches. At the final stop, the conductor would go though the wagon and push the benches so the passengers could all face forward on the return journey.
Ready for more pushing? Fast forward to Kindle Fire Email:
How to Configure Mail Folders to Push in Kindle Fire Email
To choose which mail folders will automatically synchronize between your email account and Kindle Fire Email so that new unread messages are pushed to the device:
- Open Email on your Kindle Fire.
- Tap the hamburger menu button.
- Select Settings from the menu that has appeared.
- Now choose the email account for which you want to configure mail folders to push.
- Select Sync Folders.
- For each folder you want to synchronize automatically:
- Tap the folder in the Sync Folders list.
- Make sure Sync is enabled.
- To also be notified of new messages that appear in the folder, make sure Notifications is also enabled.
- Now tap the back arrow at the top (⬅︎).
- Tap the top back arrow (⬅︎) repeatedly to return to your emails.
- Note: your inbox folder will always synchronize and have notifications enabled. See below for disabling automatic notifications for an account or all email on Kindle Fire.
How to Disable Push Email for an Account on Kindle Fire
To prevent Kindle Fire Email from automatically downloading email in an account’s inbox folder and prevent new mail notifications for the account:
- Open the Email app on your Kindle Fire.
- Tap the menu button.
- Select Settings.
- Under Accounts, tap the account whose inbox you want to prevent from syncing and sending notifications.
- Tap Inbox Check Frequency.
- Now tap Manual under Inbox Check Frequency.
Tip: Folders other than the inbox set up for synchronization and sending notifications will still do so. You can set up Gmail to not push the inbox, for example, but the Important folder.
How to Disable All Email Notifications from Kindle Fire Email
To turn off notifications from the Email app on Kindle Fire:
- Open the Settings app.
- Under Personal, select Sound & Notification.
- Now tap App Notifications under Notifications.
- Select Email.
- Do enable Block.
- Tip: You can also prevent information about the emails you received from showing on the lock screen; enable Sensitive. (Contents hidden will show instead of email senders and subjects when the Kindle Fire is locked.)
(How to configure mail folders to push on Kindle Fire tested with Fire OS 5.4; updated October 2017; title image: StockUnlimited)