Want to resize, reshape, flip, remove and modify any object in a photo—any photo? Find out below how to select objects magically in Paint 3D so you can act on them selectively.
First, an Ancient Remedy for Teething Pains
ad dentitiones, cerebrum pecoris utilissimum est
How to Select Objects Magically in Paint 3D
To select an object in an image quickly using the Paint 3D magic selection tool:
- Click Magic select in Paint 3D.
- Use the selection handles to draw a rough, rectangular outline around the object you want to select.
- Tip: Make sure the entire object is inside the selection.
- Click Next under Choose an area to cut out in the sidebar.
- Tips: If you do not see Choose an area to cut out, click the magic select icon in the sidebar.
- You can also expand the Paint 3D sidebar permanently.
- To add parts that magic select has not included:
- Make sure Add is highlighted under Refine your cutout in the sidebar.
- Draw over the part you want to add to the selection.
- You can draw a line, but also highlight the part or draw slightly inside its outline.
- To remove parts that magic select included but that are not part of the object you want to select:
- Make sure Remove is highlighted under Refine your cutout.
- Draw over the part you want to remove from the magic selection.
- Click Done in the siedebar when you are happy with your selection.
- Work with the object as you desire.
(How to select objects magically in Paint 3D tested with Paint 3D 4; updated March 2018; title image: StockUnlimited)