Want to cut an image to size or cut objects out of pictures? Find out here how to crop in Paint 3D and do both with style and keyboard shortcut.
First, Bring Out the Scissors When the Forsythias Bloom
Then, lay hand and sharp edge on your roses.
The forsythia’s yellow Springtime bloom is a traditional signal for rose gardeners to begin pruning their plants. The goal, of course, is to remove dead wood, get rid of branches that are growing astray and let light as well as air into the rose’s center.
How to Crop in Paint 3D
To cut an image to a selection using Paint 3D:
- Click Crop in the image’s toolbar.
- Tip: You can also press Ctrl Shift X to engage the Paint 3D cropping tool.
- Use your mouse and the selection handles to highlight the part you want to crop from the image (in 2D).
- Tips: Hold down the Shift key while dragging a corner handle to maintain selection’s aspect ratio.
- You can check the current size of selection in pixels using the sidebar.
- Click the green checkmark (✔) under Let us know when you’re done! in the Paint 3D sidebar.
- Tips: If you do not see the full Paint 3D sidebar, click the Crop icon in the minimized sidebar.
- You can also hit Enter.
How to Cut an Object in Paint 3D
To easily cut an object from Paint 3D:
- Select the object you want to cut or eliminate from the picture, creation or scene.
- Tips: Select just about anything in a photo easily using Paint 3D Magic select.
- To select a 3D shape, 3D text or a sticker, make sure Select is enabled in the toolbar and click it.
- Press Ctrl X.
You can now paste the cut object or selection into another image—or into another application, of course.
Cropping in Paint 3D: FAQ
Can I crop circles in Paint 3D?
No and yes.
While you cannot directly crop non-rectangular shapes, it is possible to crop a circle in Paint 3D with a bit of trickery.
(How to crop in Paint 3D tested with Paint 3D 4; updated April 2018; title image: StockUnlimited)