So many emails, and you are tired of swiping to delete? Find out here how to delete multiple emails on Kindle Fire in more efficient a manner.
First, the Impossibility of Honeybee Flight
has itself, of course, been an impossibility since Antoine Magnan postulated it (in a way) in 1934. Bees, for the most part, do fly.
Among the strategies that pull this amazing feat off the ground is one of sheer force: bees flap their wings over a short range and furiously fast, some 230 times per second.
How to Delete Multiple Emails on Kindle Fire
To delete more than one email at once in Kindle Fire Email:
- Open the Email app on Kindle Fire.
- Now go to the folder that contains the messages you want to delete.
- Tip: You can use Kindle Fire Email search to concentrate display; search for messages from a particular sender, for instance, to delete them in bulk.
- Tap and hold one of the emails to be deleted.
- Note: Tap until a checkmark appears in front of the message.
- Now briefly tap all emails you want to delete in bulk.
- Tip: Tap a message again to remove it from the selection.
- Now tap the trash button ().
- Hint: If you do not want to take any bulk action on the selected emails, tap the left arrow () in the top toolbar.
The messages will be moved to the account’s Kindle Fire Email Trash folder.
How to Delete Multiple Emails on Kindle Fire: FAQ
Can I quickly select all messages shown?
No, you do unfortunately have to tap emails individually.
Will my current selection be lost if I tap “More messages” at the bottom?
No. Your current list of selected emails will be preserved, and you can add to or subtract from it freely after loading additional emails.
I do not see the “Trash” button or the Kindle Fire mail delete button does not work in the toolbar after selecting messages; what can I do?
With certain types of email accounts—Gmail on Kindle Fire, for instance—, bulk actions may not be possible in Kindle Fire Email. This, in turn, can disable deleting multiple emails for other email accounts as well.
To reenable bulk actions in Kindle Fire Email:
- Force quit Kindle Fire Email.
- Important: Do make sure all drafts are saved or complete messages sent before force-quitting the app.
- Open Kindle Fire Email again.
(How to delete multiple emails on Kindle Fire tested with Kindle Fire OS 5.6; updated August 2018; title image: StockUnlimited)