Looking to make a picture more interesting and atmospheric? Find out here how to add a film grain texture effect in Paint 3D using but its built-in tools.
First, You May Not Like It on Your Refrigerator Door
In your photographs, chances are you still appreciate its subtle beauty: for it is silver that, in a form, renders fridges places more hostile to microbes, and, in another form, appears as grainy structure in film photography, especially when it is enlarged.
You need neither silver nor film, of course, to add a grain-like effect to any image; all you need is MS Paint 3D:
How to Add a Film Grain Texture Effect in Paint 3D
To add a grainy film texture to a photo or image with Paint 3D:
- Open the desired image in Paint 3D.
- Select Stickers in the toolbar.
- Go to the Textures tab in the Paint 3D sidebar.
- Select Concrete.
- Click the image to add a texture object.
- Resize the object so it covers the image whole.
- Decrease the opacity (under Sticker opacity) until the film grain texture effect looks about right.
- Continue editing the image and, eventually, save it.
(How to add a film grain texture effect in Paint 3D tested with Paint 3D 5.1811; updated March 2019)