Have a large image to share? Use the tool at hand to make its size bearable: find out below how to resize an image with Windows Paint and Paint 3D.
First, Would You Smear a Ballpoint Pen under Your Armpits?
Of course you would, like millions of people do every day.
When Helen Barnett Diserens came up with the deodorant roll-on at Bristol Myers in the 1940s, she took inspiration from a recent invention: ballpoint pens. Who would not smear them under their armpits after all, if they smell nice?
Now, after enlarging pens’ tips, how about shrinking images’ sizes? Here are the tips:
How to Resize an Image in Paint 3D
- Open the image you want to resize in Paint 3D.
- Tip: Click on the image with the right mouse button and select Edit with Paint 3D from the context menu that has appeared.
- Click Canvas ( )
- Make sure When resizing the canvas, adjust my image as well is checked in the sidebar.
- Note: If you do not see the sidebar click the Canvas icon in the sidebar or press M.
- Tip: You can also have the sidebar permanently expanded in Paint 3D.
- Make sure the aspect ratio is locked under Resize canvas.
- Make sure Pixels is selected under Resize canvas.
- Enter the maximum height or width under Height and Width respectively.
- Click the menu button.
- Select Save.
How to Resize an Image in Paint
To resize an image in Paint for Windows:
- Open the image in Paint.
- Tip: Click with the right mouse button and select Edit.
- On the Home ribbon tab, click Resize in the Image section.
- Select Pixels under By:.
- Make sure Maintain aspect ratio is checked.
- Enter the maximum width under Horizontal: or the maximum height under Vertical:.
- Tip: See under Preview for tips on which numbers to enter where.
- Click OK.
- Click File.
- Select Save from the menu that has appeared.
(How to resize an image in Paint and Paint 3D for free tested with Paint and Paint 3D for Windows 10; updated March 2018; title image: StockUnlimited)