Have a large image to share? Use the tool at hand to make its size bearable: find out below how to resize an image in Paint 3D and Paint for Windows.
First, Would You Smear a Ballpoint Pen under Your Armpits?
Of course you would, like millions of people do every day.
When Helen Barnett Diserens came up with the deodorant roll-on at Bristol Myers in the 1940s, she took inspiration from a recent invention: ballpoint pens. Who would not smear them under their armpits after all, if they smell nice?
Now, after enlarging pens’ tips, how about shrinking images’ sizes? Here are the tips:
How to Resize an Image in Paint 3D
- Open the image you want to resize in Paint 3D.
- Click Canvas ().
- Make sure Resize image with canvas is checked in the sidebar.
- Notes: If you do not see the sidebar click the Canvas icon in the sidebar or press M. The entry in the sidebar may also read When resizing the canvas, adjust my image as well.
- Tip: You can also have the sidebar permanently expanded in Paint 3D.
- Also: Want to focus your image before resizing it? You can cut rectangles and squares or even crop a circle in Paint 3D.
- Now make sure Lock aspect ratio is checked under Resize canvas.
- Finally, make sure Pixels is selected under Resize canvas.
- Enter the maximum height or width under Height and Width respectively.
- Tip: See under Preview for tips on which numbers to enter where.
- Click the menu button.
- Select Save.
How to Resize an Image in Paint
To resize an image in Paint for Windows:
- Open the image in Paint.
- Tip: Click with the right mouse button and select Edit.
- On the Home ribbon tab, click Resize () in the Image section.
- Keyboard shortcut: You can also press Ctrl W to open the image resizing dialog in Paint.
- Select Pixels under By:.
- Make sure Maintain aspect ratio is checked.
- Enter the maximum width under Horizontal: or the maximum height under Vertical:.
- Click OK.
- Click File.
- Select Save from the menu that has appeared.
(How to resize an image in Paint 3D and Paint for free tested with Paint and Paint 3D 4.1805 for Windows 10; updated December 2018; title image: StockUnlimited)