Do you have more than one Yahoo Mail account? Looking for one place to send and receive using all your Yahoo email addresses? Find out here how to get, use and link multiple Yahoo email accounts.
First, Flush It Down the Funicular
Every six minutes between seven in the morning and seven at night (eight during the summer months), two sets of gates open to wastewater in the old and hilly riverside town of Fribourg/Freiburg in Switzerland.
One set empties 3,000 liters (eight hundred gallons) of the municipality’s used water into the sewer system from a car down in Neuville, and, at the same time, another 3,000 liters flow from the sewer system into a different car some five hundred meters (1,600 feet) higher up the hill in St. Pierre.
Now, the upper car is heavy enough to lift the one down below in Fribourg’s famous Finiculaire. Since 1899, it has been linking the two parts of town with its now rare wastewater power.
Speaking of linking:
How to Use Multiple Yahoo Email Accounts
Set Up Multiple Yahoo Email Addresses for Use in One Account
Time needed: 5 minutes.
To link two or more Yahoo Mail email accounts so you can check them all in one place and send from all addresses to boot:
- Click the Yahoo Mail Settings Menu gear icon.
- Select More Settings on the sheet that has appeared.
- Go to the Mailboxes category.
- Select Add mailbox under Mailbox list.
- Choose yahoo! under Select email provider.
- Type the full email address for the Yahoo Mail account you want to add under Enter your yahoo mail address.
- Click Next.
- Sign in to Yahoo Mail using password or two-step authentication.
- Enter a name to appear in the “From:” line when you send messages using the account you just added under Your Name.
- Optional: Type a name for the linked account under Description.
- Click Done.
You can now switch between accounts using the account name above the folder list in Yahoo Mail on the web.
In a Browser
You can also log in to two or more accounts and quickly switch between them in a browser:
- Log in to the main Yahoo Mail account in a browser.
- Click your name or avatar in the top navigation bar.
- Select Add or Manage accounts on the sheet that appears.
- Now pick Add another account.
- Type the Yahoo email address for the account you want to link over Username, email, or mobile.
- Click Next.
- Enter the password for the account over Password.
- Click Next again.
That’s it. The two Yahoo email accounts are not linked, and you easily switch between them.
Switch Between Linked Yahoo Email Accounts
To switch to a linked Yahoo Mail account:
- Click your name in the Yahoo Mail navigation bar.
- Link the account you want to open.
Without logging in or typing anything, Yahoo will take you to the other account.
Unlink Yahoo Email Accounts
To remove a linked account (and sign out of it in the current browser):
- Click your name in the top Yahoo Mail navigation bar.
- Select Add or Manage accounts on the sheet that has appeared.
- Click the three dots menu next to the account you want to unlink.
- Now choose Remove from this device.
Use Multiple Yahoo Email Accounts in the Yahoo Mail App
To set up and use more than Yahoo email account in the Yahoo Mail app for Android or iOS:
- Tap the menu button in the Yahoo Mail app’s top left corner.
Tip: The button is circular and shows your avatar or a Yahoo logo.
- Select Manage accounts on the menu sheet that has appeared.
- Tap Add account.
- Type the Yahoo email address for the account you want to add under Username, email, or mobile.
- Tap Next.
- Enter the password to the new Yahoo Mail account under Password.
- Tap Next again.
Note: If the account requires 2-step authentication, do use a method for signing in.
Switch Between Linked Yahoo Email Accounts in the iOS or Android App
To switch to another Yahoo email account set up in the Yahoo Mail app:
- Tap the circular menu button in the Yahoo Mail app.
Swipe action: You can also swipe in from the left edge to open the menu.
- Now tap the account you want to use.
How to Use Multiple Yahoo Email Accounts: FAQ
Can I have two or more Yahoo email accounts?
Nothing precludes you from creating and using more than one Yahoo email account for specific purposes.
(As an alternative, you can also set up Yahoo email alias addresses for any account.)
Do make sure all accounts adhere to Yahoo’s usage policy, of course.
Does linking accounts synchronize? If I link in a browser, will the Yahoo Mail app also use both accounts?
If you link two accounts in a browser, you will be signed into both (and can easily switch between them) only in that browser.
If you access more than one Yahoo email account in the mobile Yahoo Mail app, the accounts will be available only in that app, not in Yahoo Mail in a browser or the Yahoo Mail app on a different device.
(How to get, use and link multiple Yahoo email accounts updated April 2023)