Spruce up your every email for flair and, perhaps, marketing: find out here how to add an Outlook.com signature image and incorporate a logo, for example.
First, a Scottish Physicians Looks at Ancient Shards in Tokyo
Then, he looks at his fingertips.
That uncanny resemblance! Resemblance, yes… but not identity.
Want to add a unique touch to your emails as well in Outlook.com? How about a characteristic image?
How to Add an Outlook.com Signature Image (Attached)
To insert a logo, photo or other image to your Outlook.com email signature using a desktop browser:
- Make sure the image you want to add has the right size for email signatures.
- Click the settings gear icon (⚙️) in Outlook.com.
- Select Options from the menu that has appeared.
- Go to the Mail | Layout | Email signature category.
- Position the text cursor where you want the image to appear in your Outlook.com email signature.
- Click the Insert pictures inline button in the signature’s formatting toolbar.
- Find and double-click the image or logo you want to add to your signature on your computer.
- Click Save.
- Now click ← Options to return to Outlook.com email.
When you compose an email, the image will be added to the message as an attachment. This ensures the recipient will see it even if remote images are blocked, but it will also increase the size of all emails you send. All the more importantly, make sure the image is optimized.
How to Add an Outlook.com Signature Image (Hosted on Server and Downloaded When the Email Is Opened)
To add an image located at a server (and downloaded only when the email is opened) to your Outlook.com email signature using Outlook.com and Outlook.com beta:
- Make sure the image is of the appropriate display and optimized for file size.
- Now ensure your soon to be Outlook.com signature image is available to fetch from a web site or image hosting service.
- Open the image in a desktop browser.
- Copy the image in the browser.
- Most usually (in Google Chrome, Safari, Mozilla Firefox and Opera, for instance), click on the image with the right mouse button and select Copy image from the menu that shows.
- In Microsoft Edge, click on the image with the right mouse button and select Copy from the context menu instead.
- Open Outlook.com or Outlook.com beta in the browser.
- Go to the email signature settings:
- In Outlook.com, go to Options from the gear menu (⚙️) and travel to Mail | Layout | Email signature.
- In Outlook.com beta, click the gear icon (⚙️), type “signature” over What are you looking for? and select Email signature as it appears.
- Position the text cursor where you want the image or logo to appear in your Outlook.com signature.
- Press Ctrl V (Windows and Linux) or Cmd V (Mac) to paste the image.
- Click Save.
How to Add an Outlook.com Signature Image: FAQ
Can I Move or Delete the Image in the Signature?
In the signature editor—or while composing an email in Outlook.com—, highlight the image with the mouse or keyboard. Then, you can delete it or cut and paste it with the Ctrl C (Windows and Linux) or Command C (Mac) and Ctrl V (Windows and Linux) or Ctrl V (Mac) keyboard shortcuts.
(How to Add an Outlook.com Signature Image tested with Outlook.com in a desktop browser; updated January 2018; title image: StockUnlimited)