Put a finishing touch on the emails you send automatically: find out here how to add an email signature to GoDaddy Workspace Webmail.
First, Why Seals Can Be Hermetic
Hermes is god and protector of many a thing. Among them is science, and, as it were, you can entrust Hermes with new, volatile or secret substances.
Want to put a seal and fitting ending to your every email? GoDaddy Workspace Webmail can do it for you automatically—if, first, you set up an email signature.
How to Add an Email Signature to GoDaddy Workspace Webmail
To have GoDaddy Workspace Webmail add a signature block to every email you send:
- Click the Settings gears icon () in GoDaddy Webmail.
- Select More settings… from the menu that has appeared.
- Make sure you are on the General tab under Settings.
- Type the email signature you would like to use in the Email signature: text field.
- Tip: You can use the text field’s toolbar to add formatting to your signature text or even a small image.
- Note: GoDaddy Webmail will not insert the standard email signature separator on its own before your signature. You can insert “– ” (two dashes followed by a whitespace character) on a line of its own manually, of course.
- To have the signature added to new messages you write, make sure Automatically add signature to new messages is checked.
- To have GoDaddy Workspace Webmail add the signature to replies and forwards as well, make sure Include signature in replies is checked.
- Tip: You can also insert the signature manually into any email you compose—even if these settings are disabled.
- Click Save.
Add an Email Signature to GoDaddy Workspace Webmail Classic
To set up your email signature in Classic view of GoDaddy Workspace Webmail:
- Select Settings | Personal Settings… from the Workspace Webmail toolbar.
- Open the Signature tab.
- Enter the email signature you want to use under Signature:.
- Tip: Use the formatting toolbar to apply some style to your text—or even an image.
- Note: Workspace Webmail will not add the standard email signature separator automatically. If you want to use it to separate the signature from the message’s text, do insert “– ” (two dashes followed by a whitespace character) on a line of its own.
- To have the signature added to new emails, replies and forwards automatically, make sure Automatically insert signature in compose window is checked.
- Tip: You can always add the signature manually to any email you are writing in Workspace Webmail.
- Click OK.
How to Add an Email Signature to GoDaddy Workspace Webmail: FAQ
Can I insert the signature into an email manually?
To add your GoDaddy Workspace Webmail signature to any message you are composing:
- Position the text cursor where you want the signature to appear.
- Click Insert Signature () in the message’s toolbar.
- Tip: You can add the signature multiple times, and also after deleting it.
What happens to text formatting in the signature if the recipient views an email as text only?
GoDaddy Workspace Webmail creates a plain-text versions of your signature that is the pure text. It includes no formatting and images and goes with a plain-text version of the outgoing email that is also automatically generated.
Are the signatures for GoDaddy Workspace Webmail and GoDaddy Workspace Webmail Classic different?
You have two different signatures, and changing one has no effect on the other.
(How to add an email signature to GoDaddy Workspace Webmail tested with GoDaddy Workspace Webmail 6.9 and 6.10; updated November 2018; )