Want to use a fully featured email program with GoDaddy Workspace Webmail? Find out here now how to set up Thunderbird GoDaddy email access using POP3.
First, Charles Dickens Digs a Tunnel
To sit down for his writing, Charles Dickens liked bright and airy lightness. His airy, bright and Swiss garden hut was perfect, safe for one shortcoming: it was on the other side of Rochester’s busy and oft-wet and sticky High Street from Eastgate House, his home in Rochester.
So, to avoid the road, Dickens had a tunnel built underneath the road.
Set up Thunderbird GoDaddy Email Access
To use Thunderbird to access GoDaddy Workspace Email:
- Click the hamburger menu button () in Thunderbird.
- Select Options | Account Settings from the menu that has shown.
- Click Account Actions.
- Select Add Mail Account… from the menu that has now appeared.
- Verify your name appears under Your name:.
- Type your full GoDaddy Workspace email address under Email address:.
- Enter your GoDaddy email password under Password:.
- Typically, leave Remember password checked.
- Click Continue.
- Verify Thunderbird has already entered the correct settings:
- POP3 (keep mail on your computer)
- Incoming: POP3, pop.secureserver.net, SSL
- Outgoing: SMTP, smtpout.secureserver.net, SSL
- Username: your GoDaddy Workspace email address
- Note: If automatic setup fails, you can also configure the GoDaddy account manually. (See below.)
- Click Done.
Thunderbird will use the standard settings for POP accounts:
- check for new mail every 10 minutes and
- keeping copies of emails on the server for 2 weeks
You can immediately change these settings, of course.
Set up Thunderbird GoDaddy Email Access Manually
If automatic setup fails, do set up Thunderbird GoDaddy email access as follows:
- Enter your GoDaddy email address and password in Thunderbird’s email setup dialog.
- Select POP3 under Incoming:.
pop.secureserver.netfor Server hostname under Incoming:.
smtpout.secureserver.netfor Server hostname under Outgoing:.
- Now type your full GoDaddy email address under Username: for both Incoming: and Outgoing:.
- Select 995 for Port under Incoming:.
- Select 465 for Port under Outgoing:.
- Leave SSL set to SSL/TLS and Authentication set to Autodetect under both Incoming: and Outgoing:.
- Click Re-test.
- Now click Done.
How to Set up Thunderbird GoDaddy Email Access: FAQ
Can I set up GoDaddy Workspace Email as an IMAP account?
GoDaddy Workspace email only offers POP access in Thunderbird. You cannot, alas, use IMAP to synchronize messages and folders across email programs and the web.
Can I still open emails in GoDaddy Workspace Webmail?
You can still read emails on the web. If you delete an email in Webmail, it will not download to Thunderbird. If, conversely, you have Thunderbird remove an email from the server, it is no longer in GoDaddy Webmail.
(How to set up Thunderbird GoDaddy Email access tested with Thunderbird 60; updated February 2019)