You can set up flexible autoresponders in Gmail that reply with custom messages to anybody emailing a specific alias email address. Find out here how to automate Gmail.
First, Take a Small Pointy Stick
and cut open the vanilla flower. Carefully collect pollen and place it under a flap to pollinate the vanilla.
Without the melipona bee (native to Mexico but not to, say, Madagascar), this is the only way to get vanilla pods, and it has to be done within 12 hours of the bloom opening. Then, of course, the vanilla beans have to be treated by hand to become the delicious spice that makes just about everything taste better.
While there is nothing automatic about vanilla, there is little vanilla about Gmail autoresponders; they are automatic, and you can have them send just what you like:
How to Automate Gmail with Autoresponders
To automate Gmail and have it send particular information whenever somebody emails a particular alias address:
- Create a plus Gmail email alias address for the autoresponder.
- Make the alias known.
Exaples: Post the plus alias on your website, hand it out at networking events or include it in your Gmail email signature with the note: “Learn to Write Headlines That Sell: Email [email protected]”.
- Create a canned response in Gmail with the autoresponder text.
- Also in Gmail, click the Show search options triangle (▼) at the end of the search field.
- Type the email address you use for the Gmail autoresponder under To.
Important: Replace the “+” sign with “\+”.
Example: For your headline-writing auto-responder, you want Gmail to reply automatically to all emails sent to “[email protected]”; type “example\[email protected]” under To.
Option: You can add further criteria, of course, such as a specific Subject line, if you wish.
- Click Create filter with this search ».
- Under When a message arrives that matches this search:, check Send canned response:.
- Select the canned response you set up before from the Choose canned response… drop-down menu.
- Click Create filter.
Option: Check Also apply filter to __ matching conversations to immediately send the canned response to senders of emails you already received at the Gmail autoresponder address; I would advise agains doing this unless specifically know this is what the senders wanted.
(How to automate Gmail with autoresponders tested in a desktop browser; updated January 2019; title image: StockUnlimited)