So many unread messages (which, perchance, you have already seen)? Find out here how to mark all as read in iCloud Mail within any folder in a browser at iCloud.com.
First, 1,400 Pounds of Camera Were Built for 2 Minutes and ½
of photography in 1900.
The Chicago and Alton railroad was eager to show off its picture-perfect Alton Ltd. train in, of course, a perfect picture. Getting to see a train of 524 feet (160 meters) on a single picture of at least 8 feet took the world’s largest camera (and some 15 people to operate it). The exposure took 150 seconds.
Now, want to see all a folder’s messages in iCloud Mail using iCloud.com? It takes a browser window—large or small—and a few keystrokes to operate in a couple of seconds.
How to Mark All as Read in iCloud Mail at iCloud.com
Mark All Read in an iCloud Mail Folder
- Open the folder that contains the messages you want to mark as read.
- Press Command A (Mac) or Control A (Windows, Linux).
- Now press Command Shift U (Mac) or Control Shift U (Windows and Linux).
- Using the mouse: You can also click Read under Mark ___ selected messages as: in the iCloud Mail reading pane.
- Note: This will mark all messages in the current folder as read; see below for marking only certain emails read.
Mark All Read Matching Certain Criteria Using Search
To mark as read certain emails that match a particular set of criteria in iCloud Mail at iCloud.com:
- Open the folder that holds the emails you want to mark read.
- Note: If the emails are spread across iCloud Mail folders, you will have to go through the folders individually.
- Click Search <Folder Name> atop the folder list.
- Enter your search criteria.
- Example: Type a sender’s email address or name to mark all mail read from a certain sender; enter words from the “Subject” line to focus on a different set of messages.
- Tip: You can also use iCloud Mail folder filters to focus on certain emails—such as those sent directly to you or those from VIP senders.
- Press Command A (Mac) or Control A (Windows, Linux) to highlight all messages.
- Now click Read under Mark ___ selected messages as: in the reading pane.
- Keyboard shortcut: You can also press Command Shift U (Mac) or Control Shift U (Windows and Linux).
(How to mark all as read in iCloud Mail at iCloud.com tested using a desktop browser; updated September 2018; title image: StockUnlimited)