Want to share a conversation or disparate emails that belong together? Instead of forwarding emails one by one, find out here how to forward multiple emails in Gmail.
First, Fewer Blossoms and More Fruit
The branches that blossom most opulently on a peach tree, say, are not the ones that bear the richest fruit. They are all bloom and no support, after all. Most peaches form on shoots with a healthy mix of blossoms and leaves to support their growth.
Have a conversation that is all blossoms and no support? Here’s how to add some scaffolding in Gmail and have all those blossoms bear rich fruit—as forwards.
How to Forward Multiple Emails in Gmail at Once
Forward an Entire Conversation
To forward all messages in a conversation in one go from Gmail on the desktop:
- Make sure conversation view is not turned off in Gmail.
- Open the conversation you want to forward in full.
- Click the three dots menu button () in the conversation’s toolbar.
- Select Forward all from the menu that has appeared.
- Address, edit and send the message.
To forward all emails in a thread in a single message using the Gmail apps for Android and iOS:
- Ensure conversation view is enabled for the Gmail account.
- Open the conversation whose emails you want to forward.
- Tap the three dots menu button ().
- Select Print all from the menu.
- Now choose Google Cloud Print.
- Select Save to Google Drive under Select Printer.
- Now tap Save.
- Back at the conversation, tap Forward.
- Tap the attachment icon ().
- Find and select the PDF document just saved to Google Drive.
- Edit the message’s text so it is clear the full suit of forwarded messages is in the PDF attachment.
- Example: Add “Find the complete forwarded conversation in the attached PDF.” just below the “———- Forwarded message ———” line.
- Address and send the forward.
Forward Multiple Individual Emails in Gmail
To forward more than one email (which emails need not be in the same conversation) in one go with Gmail:
- Save each message you want to forward as an EML file to your device.
- In the last email your save, click Forward.
- Tip: You can find the Forward button at the bottom or select the More dots menu () in the email’s header area and choose Forward in the menu that appears.
- Keyboard shortcut: With Gmail keyboard shortcuts enabled, you can also press f.
- Drag and drop the saved EML message files onto the forward you are composing in Gmail.
- Alternative: Click the Attach files icon () and select the saved EML documents using the browser’s file selector.
- Optional: Delete the text automatically included from the last message and, possibly, mention that all forwarded emails are attached.
- Address, edit and deliver the forward containing multiple emails from Gmail.
(How to forward multiple emails in Gmail at once tested with Gmail in desktop browser; updated March 2019)