Running out of space on Google Drive? Learn here how to find large files on Google Drive sorted by size—and get rid of the biggest wastes of space right away.
First, I Felled a Tree and Thought It Was Big
How to Find Large Files on Google Drive
To find the large files that take up the most space on your Google Drive sorted by size:
- Open Google Drive in a desktop browser.
- Hover the mouse cursor over the quota usage in the left navigation bar (beneath the list of folders and categories and above the option to Upgrade storage).
- Click Drive on the sheet that has appeared.
- Find the list of files sorted by size.
- Tip: You can also go to this list directly by opening https://drive.google.com/drive/quota in a browser.
Now, act on the files as you desire. To free up space, for instance, hight and optionally download (via the More actions menu), then trash the biggest unneeded files.
(How to find large files on Google Drive tested with Google Drive in a desktop browser; updated April 2018; title image: StockUnlimited)