Looking for a quick way to refresh your browser? Find out here how to clear cookies in Edge on Windows and browse a bit like new.
First, Melt Sugar and Grate the Cheddar Cheese
So starts any true, I have reason to believe, Filipino’s favorite ice cream recipe. You add milk and, very gently so as not to cook them, egg yolks and grated cheddar, then thoroughly chill the mixture for a deliciously yellow treat.
How to Clear Cookies in Edge Browser
On Windows 10
Time needed: 2 minutes.
- Click or tap Settings and more (•••) in Microsoft Edge.
- Select Settings from the menu that has appeared.
- Go to the Privacy & security category.
- Now tap or click Choose what to clear under Clear browsing data.
- Do check Cookies and saved website data.
Note: You can check other options as well, of course, to clear more data—such as your browsing history, saved form data and passwords.
- Click Clear.
Under iOS and Android
To remove cookies from the Microsoft Edge browser for iOS and Android:
- Tap the menu button (•••) in Microsoft Edge.
- Select Settings from the menu that has shown.
- Now tap Privacy and security.
- Select Clear browsing data.
- Make sure to check Cookies and site data under Clear browsing data.
- Note: Of course, you can select other data for deletion as well, say form data, passwords or your browsing history.
- Tap Clear browsing data.
- Now tap Clear again under Clear browsing data.
How to Clear Cookies in Edge Browser: FAQ
Yes, you can set up the Edge browser to clear cookies every time you close its last open window:
- Click Settings and more (•••) in Microsoft Edge.
- Select Settings.
- Now select Privacy & security.
- Click Choose what to clear under Clear browsing data.
- Make sure to check Cookies and saved website data.
- Note: For automatic clearing, I do not recommend checking Passwords, Form data, Media licenses and Website permissions; you can, of course, have your browsing history as well as Microsoft Edge’s cache cleared alongside your cookies.
- Now make sure you check Always clear this when I close the browser.
- Close the settings pane or click Clear to immediately clear cookies as well.
Note that clearing cookies is not usually a necessary action. It can be a useful quick troubleshooting step when a website is acting up in Microsoft Edge, however.
(How to clear cookies in Edge browser tested with Microsoft Edge for Windows 10 44 and Microsoft Edge for iOS 44; updated November 2019)