Build your list of contacts fast: find out here how to add a sender to the Outlook.com address book quickly and with their name pre-entered.
First, Hot or Not
So, when you add senders to your Outlook.com address book, do it from a laptop mining Bitcoins in the background—or a black phone in the summer sun perhaps:
How to Add a Sender to the Outlook.com Address Book
To add a sender to the Outlook.com address book fast:
- Open a message from the sender you want to add to the address book in Outlook.com.
- Move the mouse cursor over the sender’s name or email address in the message’s header area.
- Click the three-dots menu icon (•••) at the bottom of the sender sheet that has appeared.
- Select Add to contacts from the menu that has appeared.
Note: If Outlook.com already contains an entry with the sender’s email address, you will see Edit contact in the menu instead; you can use that to open the contact and edit its details.
- Add contact details for the new Outlook.com address book entry as desired.
- Click Create.
How to Add a Sender to the Outlook.com Address Book (Outlook.com Mobile)
To add a sender’s name and email address to your Outlook.com address book using the mobile interface to Outlook.com:
- Open a message from the sender.
- Tap the sender’s name or email address.
- Now tap Add.
- Add any details as needed under Add contact.
- Note: your cannot change the email address added, but you can edit any name pre-filled under Name.
- Tap Done.
(How to add a sender to the Outlook.com address book tested with Outlook.com in a desktop browser; updated November 2017; title image: StockUnlimited)