You never use Paint 3D, but it tends to open for pictures you just mean to view or edit? Find out here how to uninstall Paint 3D from Windows 10 (and re-install it when needed).
First, Pick a Spot in the Sun
Then, put a hardy plant of thyme in it and, for the most part, leave the herb alone. Your thyme will not only thrive in the dry and sunny spot, it will also please you with its aroma—and help repel mosquitos with its scent.
Want to repel Paint 3D from your installation of Windows 10? First, pick a spot in the sun if you like, then, follow along:
How to Uninstall Paint 3D from Windows 10
Time needed: 5 minutes.
To remove MS Paint 3D from Windows 10
- Open the Start menu.
Windows keyboard shortcut: You can also press the Windows key, of course.
- Select Settings () from the very left of the menu that has appeared.
- Open the Apps category.
- Click Paint 3D under Apps & features.
- Now select Uninstall beneath it.
- Select Uninstall again to confirm (under This app and its related info will be uninstalled).
How to Uninstall Paint 3D: FAQ
Can I re-install Paint 3D?
To install Microsoft Paint 3D on Windows 10:
- Open Paint 3D in the Microsoft Store app.
Tip: As an alternative to opening the page directly, search for
- Click Get if it is available, otherwise skip this step.
- Now click Install.
- Wait for Completed to appear in place of Install.
Yes; uninstalling Paint 3D will not remove the Edit with Paint 3D entry from images’ context menus in Windows File Explorer, but you can do so manually yourself:
- Open Registry Editor.
- Go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\SystemFileAssociations\.jpeg\Shell.
- Export the 3D Edit key.
Note: Re-installing Paint 3D will not automatically add these context menu items back. Do restore your backup or import the following reg file: Edit with Paint 3D Context Menu.reg.
- Click on the 3D Edit key with the right mouse button.
- Select Delete from the context menu that appears.
- Now click Yes in the Confirm Key Delete dialog.
- Repeat for the .jpg, .png, .tif, and .tiff file extensions under HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\SystemFileAssociations.
(How to uninstall Paint 3D from Windows 10 tested with Windows 10 Version 1909; updated February 2020)