Looking for a faster way to your emails? Find out here how to switch to Yahoo Mail basic to read and write emails with a lightweight, speedy interface in your browser.
First, the Car That Carries More Than Its Own Weight
The car itself weighed in at 130 lb (just shy of 59 kg).
With that in mind, can I interest you in lightweight access for one adult and an email account?
How to Switch to Yahoo Mail Basic (in Any Browser)
Time needed: 1 minute.
To open the basic HTML version of Yahoo Mail in your browser:
- Click the Settings Menu gear icon in Yahoo Mail’s full desktop version.
- Select More Settings on the sheet that has appeared.
- Now follow the Switch to basic Mail link in the left navigation menu.
Using a Direct Link
To access Yahoo Mail basic directly:
- Open https://mail.yahoo.com/b/ in your browser.
Tip: Make a bookmark for the URL to open simple HTML Yahoo Mail even faster.
- Sign in if you are prompted.
How to Switch to Yahoo Mail Basic: FAQ
How can I switch back to fully featured Yahoo Mail?
To return to Yahoo Mail’s fully featured version:
- Click Switch to the newest Yahoo Mail in the Yahoo Mail basic inbox.
Tip: The link for opening Yahoo Mail full is https://mail.yahoo.com/d/ .
Can I open Yahoo Mail basic on a mobile device?
No. On a mobile device, Yahoo Mail will always open with its mobile HTML interface.
What are the differences between full and basic Yahoo Mail?
Yahoo Mail in simple HTML offers rudimentary functions for reading and sending email:
- Read and file messages.
- Manage folders.
- Write plain text emails and replies.
To change settings, set up rules and forwarding and block senders, or to use rich formatting in emails, use the full desktop version of Yahoo Mail.
(How to switch to Yahoo Mail basic tested in a desktop browser; updated October 2020)