Wield a bit of your power and have Mail show friendly names, not just “Hotmail” or “Yahoo.” Find out here how to rename an email account in Mail for Windows 10.
First, Boiled without Heat
or acid: in Latin, “it boils” is fervet.
Speaking of names, want to know how your email account in Mail for Windows 10 can get a new—bubbly perhaps—name?
How to Rename an Email Account in Mail for Windows 10
Time needed: 5 minutes.
To give any account in Mail for Windows 10 a friendly—or at least custom—name:
- Click the Settings gear icon in Mail for Windows 10.
Tip: The icon looks like this: .
Note: If you do not see the icon, either collapse the sidebar or make it wider.
- Select Manage accounts in the menu that has appeared.
- Now click the account you want to rename.
- Type the desired name under Account name.
Tip: You need not include the email address. Mail for Windows 10 will display it automatically beneath the account’s name.
- Click Save.
How to Rename an Email Account in Mail for Windows 10: FAQ
Where does Mail for Windows 10 use the account name?
Mail for Windows 10 will display the friendly account name in the following few locations:
- for the inbox under Accounts in the folder list,
- in the window title following the folder name.
In addition, Calendar for Windows 10 uses the account name.
(How to rename email accounts in Mail for Windows 10 tested with Mail for Windows 10 version 16005.12228; updated May 2020)