Downloaded a file and wonder where it went? Find out here how to locate, open and delete downloads made in the Amazon Silk browser for Kindle Fire devices.
First, Do Not Go Fishing for Swallows…
If Olaus Magnus‘s impressions from travels through Sweden around 1520 are to be believed, you will bring them ashore in droves all right. They are hibernating, though, and, though quickly revived in a warm place, shall not survive long.
Fishing for downloaded files on your Kindle Fire instead?
Like birds in winter, these can seem elusive… until you know where exactly they are hiding (so you can open and revive them—or throw them back into electronic waters):
How to Find and Manage Downloads in Amazon Silk Browser for Kindle Fire
To find files you downloaded using the Silk Browser for Amazon Kindle Fire devices (such as tablets):
- Open the Silk Browser app.
- Tap the hamburger menu button ().
- Select Downloads from the menu that has appeared.
- Find all downloaded files listed.
- Tip: You can filter the list by file type: tap Downloads followed by the desired type.
- Search: Tap the search magnifying glass (🔍) to search for a file by name.
- Tap a file’s name to open the document.
Delete a Download
To delete a downloaded file from Silk Browser (and the Kindle Fire device):
- Tap the menu button () next to the file you want to remove.
- Select Delete from the context menu that has appeared.
- Note: The file will be deleted immediately.
- Undo: For a few seconds, you can undelete the removed download to restore it: tap Undo at the bottom.
Find and Manage Downloads using the Kindle Fire File Manager
To find downloads from Silk Browser directly in Kindle Fire file manager and manage them in bulk:
- Open the Docs app on the Kindle Fire device.
- Tap the hamburger menu icon ().
- Note: If you cannot see the menu, tap the back button (←) until the menu icon appears.
- Select Download under Local Storage in the menu that has appeared.
- Find downloaded files listed.
- Tip: Use the selection button () to act on—say, delete—multiple files in bulk.
(How to Find and Manage Downloads in Amazon’s Silk Browser for Kindle Fire tested with Silk Browser 70.5; updated December 2018)